Did we like it?
Series four opened with an action-packed, entertaining episode. Keep it up, girls.
What was good about it?
• The intricate weaving of high drama and black comedy is still being carried out with a deft touch.
• There’s a new bitch in town. We fell in instant hate with Catherine Mayfair (mainly because she was nasty about Bree’s tree) – and hope she’ll only stick around long enough for us to unravel the mystery of her daughter and That Room.
• Lynette shutting up that bossy PTA cow by revealing she has cancer.
• Bree’s desperate pensioner-hurting, gut-stabbing attempts to conceal her fake pregnancy.
• Susan’s dread of the menopause – and her inability to relax when her gynaecologist turned out to be the new neighbour.
• Mrs. McCluskey, TV’s top battleaxe.
What was bad about it?
• Susan didn’t fall over for the whole episode. She did fall pregnant, but we prefer the slapstick stuff.
• Edie failed in her suicide attempt and now has her claws even deeper into Carlos. We wanted rid of the manipulative blonde slut.
• And Gabrielle’s creepy new husband, Victor, can go, too.
Aired Wednesday 26 March 2008